Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 5, 2010

A Theology of Accountability

"And not a creature exists that is concealed from his sight, but all things are open and exposed, naked and defenseless to the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do ('give an account')."  (Hebrews 4:13)

Otto Adolf Eichmann, SS number, 45326, was captured in Argentina by the Israeli Mossad in 1960.  One year later he was put on trial in Israel, then in 1962 executed for "Crimes Against Humanity."  His primary defense was that of most of the Germans in the Nuremberg Trials following the Second War--- "It wasn't me.  I was just following the orders and policies of those above me."  Yet today, this is the philosophy of the humanists. People are not really responsible for their actions.  They are the product of their culture, of the society around them, an abusive parent, etc.  They were born into unfortunate circumstances; therefore, they cannot be held accountable for their life.  This defense did not work for the propagators of the Holocaust; it won't work for you or me. 

The following you will not hear from the vast majority of ministries today.  "The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are.  And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.  Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away.  And there was found no place for them.  And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened.  Another book was opened, which is the Book of Life.  And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books."  Yet, this reveals, "the whole counsel of God."
 
I do not "pick and choose" texts for devotionals.  I "pick" from my daily readings.  I try to include things from the whole of Scripture; hence, today's text and references.  They tell me that no one but me will be held responsible for my life lived here on earth, not my parents, my ethnic group, my society, my circumstances, no one, nothing.  There I will stand, first before the, "great white throne," then, before, "The Judgment Seat of Christ."  I was born into the Family of God and entered the Kingdom of God through repentance, receiving Jesus Christ into my very being, and going through the waters of baptism.  Most of today's evangelical "theology," however, does not include repentance or water baptism, even though they have no Bible for this.  Most "seekers" today are not told about the judgment before the Living Triune God, the truth that the New Birth is the beginning of life in Jesus Christ and His Kingdom, and at the end of that life there will be an accounting for, yes, that life, "I now live in the flesh," yes, that very life, "which I now live by the faith of the Son of God Who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

I submit that such truth from the "God-Breathed" Word should not "ruin your day."  Rather than condemnation, His Word is what His Word Himself declares, "life to those who find it and medicine to all their flesh."  If you are one in whom Jesus Christ lives, covered by and cleanse in the Blood of Jesus Christ, living, "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you," you will go through the "great white throne," judgment and the, "Judgment Seat of Christ," in your Heavenly Advocate, Jesus Christ the Righteous.  He will say, "I know this person; he is Mine."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am sobered anew today by Your Words. 
*****************
Prophetic News:       www.apf327.blogspot.com 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive