Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"O Righteous God, Who Searches Minds and Hearts...."

"O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts, bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure." (Psalm 7:9, NIV)
"The wicked in pride and arrogance hotly pursue and persecute the poor; let them be taken in the schemes which they have devised."  (Psalm 10:2, Amplified Bible)
 
These were the two passages which we focused on this morning in the conference call prayer time.  The Bible is such a powerful "Sword."  It is, "the word of God,"  it is, "living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."  The Bible is all of this and more because the Bible is the written expression of Him Who is, "The Word of God," Jesus.  During the prayer time, it was as though our Lord was sitting right there beside me, directing, encouraging the praying.  Of course He is The Ever Present One, the ever Abiding-in-me One.  But I think some times Our Living Triune God gives us a sort of anthropomorphic "picture" of our relationship, just to, "sympathize with our weaknesses," of our present time-space existence.
 
I will be praying our texts the rest of the day.  I would implore those of you in the other nations who receive this to pray this with us also.  Something is "in the air."  Last night in the conference call prayer time, we prayed from Psalm 85.  I also commend it to you.  The restoration spoken of in verse 4 could refer to the blessings stated in vv. 1-3.  
 
There is absolutely no doubt in me that if you and I pray the, "sharper than any two edged sword," we will never be at a loss as to what we should pray.  Our Lord Jesus Christ is ahead of us all the time, He Who not only knows, "the end from the beginning," but is the, "Beginning and the End."  I can think of no greater blessing for you and me today than to know we are on the Victor's side, praying His will as we pray His Word.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You so much for the renewed encouragement today, the encouragement that I am aligned with You and Your purposes----as long as I am aligned with You and Your Word.  Amen.
********************************************
   
 



When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive