Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jesus, Savior and Builder

"For God will save Zion and build the cities of Judah, that they may dwell there and possess it." (Psalm 69:35)

God saves and builds----- in that order.  "....
You shall call His name JESUS, for He will save....On this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it."  He put this indelibly in the Universe in Jesus Christ.  First, He shed His Most Precious Blood, died, was buried, rose again, and ascended to the Throne of the Universe, taking all who surrender to Him as King and Savior in Him.  "To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."  

My dear Fellow Follower of Jesus, do you see today how majestically, powerfully "simple" this, "
so great a salvation"?  Jesus Christ has saved us from sin.  This is the New Birth.  Now, for the rest of our lives, He is building us, His Church, "into a holy temple in [Him]."  Everything in our lives is involved in this great building by Our Great Builder.  Don't be concerned with those who are always trying to "tear you down."  Rest in Him Who is continually building you up. 

Thought for the day: Jesus saves and builds; now, "
dwell...and possess...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, remind me always that it is You who saves and builds.  Keep me in the dwelling and possessing "business."  Amen.
*************************************
News, Commentary:     www.apf327.blogspot.com


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive