Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 12, 2010

"The Faith of Jesus" vs. The Religion of Allah

"Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."  (Jesus)    
 
I read this statement not long ago, "Islam is a religion in which God requires you to send your son to die for him.  Christianity is a faith in which God sent His Son to die for you."  The world's religions give teachings, proverbs, "Confucius say" sort of stuff.  In other words, here is the "truth;" now do what you can with it.  Not so the Bible Covenant.  "I am the truth," says Jesus.  "Abide in Me and I in you."  Yes, and?---  Well, the great "And" is, says the Lord Jesus, "I will be your power to walk in the fullness of the Truth which I AM.  You are not on your own." 
 
The world system basically demands from you and me.  Jesus Christ gives to you and me, and He only has one demand, "Follow Me!"  The gifts far out weigh the demand.  Beware the persons who are always asking from you.  Maybe this is a "new" way to, "test the spirits."  Do they offer as much as they demand?!?  Demands and philosophical gobbledygook, are worthless without corresponding power.  "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witness to Me...." 
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray my life will manifest You as the Great Giver.  Amen."
*********************************
Be sure to see Arab politician's statement as to why he likes Germans:


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive