Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, May 24, 2010

"I Humbly Bow to a Supreme Military Genius"

"Your hands have made me, cunningly fashioned and established me; give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments." (Psalm 119:73, Amplified Bible)

The Holy Trinity, "
made,..cunningly fashioned,..established me...."  As Psalm 100 says, "and not we ourselves."  Yet people, even Christians, constantly go to other sources for, "understanding, that [they] may learn [His ways]," which in reality is life itself.  Books, pundits, pop religious teachers, friends, family, none of these have really a clue of the "cunning" things of life; they are not the One Who, "established me."  Only Jesus Christ did that, "by Whom the worlds were made"! 

I would venture to say that most people, even of those who will read this devotional today, are in reality searching as they have been always, for that, "
understanding," expressed in our text, the understanding which will make some sense of this senseless age.  When we find ourselves in such a state, the Holy Spirit always says, "Come back!  Come back from whatever has replaced the, 'depths of God' (and of you and me also), which can only be understood in Me."

General Patton once prayed and asked God for good weather to do battle.  In some of his prayers he seemed to be confused and could not understand why God was not giving him what he asked for.  Later he prayed this prayer, "Sir, it seems to me that You have been much better informed about the situation than I was, because it was that awful weather which I cursed so much which made it possible for the German army to commit suicide.  That, Sir, was a brilliant military move and I bow humbly to a supreme military genius." 

"
May the Lord give you understanding in all things." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess, I have no "
understanding" apart from You.  Amen.
*************************************
This is not superfluous news:          www.apf327.blogspot.com
                                                            www.apfjw.blogspot.com
                                                           
When, Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive