Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, May 28, 2010

"Grace," Not Reason, "Will Lead Me Home"

"I make this vow by the living God, who has taken away my rights, by the Almighty who has embittered my soul.  As long as I live, while I have breath from God, my lips will speak no evil, and my tongue will speak no lies."  (Job 27:2-4, NLT)
 
Chapters 27-31 of Job are entitled in the New Living Translation as, "Job's Final Speech."  Job is obviously weary of the reasoning of his three friends.  Even when Elilu shows up, it is just a continuation of the blame game.  Chambers says of the scenario playing out in Job, "The predestiny of human wisdom is rationalism.  Any number of things happen which are not reasonable, and human discretion is apt to say that the man who suffers unreasonably is to blame."  Rationalism has been defined as, "unbounded confidence in man's capacity to think, will, and act in virtue of his own inner power." 
 
The great temptation to submit to rationalism may not come in the day to day life of most.  But when we face the deepest disappointments, the deep sorrows, fears, and uncertainties of life, when it seems as though God, "has taken away my rights," and, "embittered my soul," it is then the soul tends to depart from Jesus Christ and attempt to "sail the wide seas" on its own.  But if you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ, if the Word of God rules in you, if the Holy Spirit is as the song says, "the air I breath," then you will not succumb to that reasoning, that "rational" thought which will lead to perdition.  You will embrace Him Whose "grace will lead me home."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to see that if you do take away my rights, it is only because my rights were taking me away from You.  Amen.
********************************************
New Prophetic News Posts:
 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive