Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, April 23, 2010

"O....How Often I Wanted"------- You!

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to herHow often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willingSeeYour house is left to you desolate...." (Matthew 23:37, 38)

Our text is one of the most scathing passages in all of Holy Writ.  Jesus' condemnation of the Jews in Matthew 23 is seemingly without mercy.  Yet after all the, "
woes," pronounced upon the Jews for their rejection of Him, comes one of His perhaps most endearing utterances, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem...!" 

Contrary to some thinking, Matthew 23 reflects the Eternal Love of our Lord Jesus Christ, One Who can punish and One Who can heal, One Who can rebuke severely, and One Who can express the deepest love imaginable.  This stern chastening of the Jews, was followed by tears, longing, and then-----------  Gethsemene, the trial, the Via Delorosa, the Cross, the, "
My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?" the Grave, and Victory!---- "He is not here; for He is risen, as He said."  There is just no greater love, "all for sinners slain." 

The word for, "
not," in our text is an "absolute negative," very strong rejection.  How many times have you and I said, "Absolutely not," to Jesus, and our house was, "left to you desolate?"  We paid a price for that rejection, even carry some of the scars today.  Yet today, in His Infinite Mercy and Compassion, right now, Jesus continues to say to you and me, "O (go ahead; put your name here)!  How often I wanted to gather (you)."  This is the Heart of the Blessed Trinity.  This is "What Wondrous Love?"-- sustenance to the weary soul.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I can say to You also, "How often I wanted" You, even when it seemed as though I wanted something else.  What can I say of Your Love?!  Amen.
********************************
See Article on Obama's Islamist Advisor @:
               www.apf327.blogspot.com
New Article on Jerusalem Watch Blog:
               www.apfjw.blogspot.com
 

When an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive