Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"If I Perish, I Perish"

"Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai: 'Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day.  My maids and I will fast likewise.  And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish.'" (Esther 4:15, 16)

Yesterday we spoke in honor of the Jewish "Feast of Purim," which will be celebrated over the coming weekend.  I know many don't like or read longer articles, but if you have not read it, I recommend that you do.

Mordecai and Esther, working together, and risking their lives, were the instruments in God's Hands to save the Jews.  Esther's, "....
If I perish, I perish," has been the theme of life for all faithful Followers of Jesus Christ throughout history-- "Then Paul answered, 'What do yo mean by weeping and breaking my heartFor I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of Jesus." 

I have never read that the Jewish community in Europe during the 1930's and 40's did what Esther and her maids did. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for the same heart as Esther.  Amen.
***************************************
To Keep Up, You Must Read Daily: www.apf327.blogspot.com


When Peter Torjesen, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive