Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Great Is the Mystery"

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
        God was manifested in the flesh,
        Justified in the Spirit,
        Seen by angels,
        Preached among the Gentiles,
        Believed on in the world,
        Received up in glory."
(1 Timothy 3:16)
 
Chambers said that the best thing Job's friends could have said to Job is, "I do not know the answer to your problem, all I can say is that God alone must know; let us go to Him."  Don't try to answer the unanswerable.  God didn't.  Wait a minute.  Do you mean to tell me there are things which God cannot answer?  Apparently there is.  When God finally responded to Job, He did not answer any of Job's questions.  And the only thing God did with the four amateur theologians was to rebuke three and ignore the fourth.  
 
I say there are questions which the Living Triune God cannot answer, not because God has "limitations," but because we do.  If we follow Jesus through the Gospels; see the foreshadows of Jesus in the Old Testament and Epistles, we see that if there is anything which you and I may come to know of the many "mysteries" referred to in the Scriptures, we discover they are revealed in "our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people." 
        "I need no other argument,
        I need no other plea,
        It is enough that Jesus died,
        And that He died for me." 
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, forgive me for so many, "I needs" in my life.  You are that.  Amen.
*********************************************
Be sure to see the latest on the "Second Temple" at:
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2
 

Blog Archive