Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Before the Mountains Were Brought Forth...."

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God." (Psalm 90:2)

This photo, taken from the Apollo 8 mission, is the first thing I see when I open our desktop computer.  It always reminds me just how small we really are----- small planet, small solar system, small galaxy, small universe.  By the way, that's where you and I live, on that small blue and white marble.  Can you find your country?  Didn't think so--------just too small.  I can't even find the great "Super Power."

"
Before"-- how do you speak of, "before," in eternity?  You don't.  Neither do you speak of, "after."  There just is no before or after with our God.  "From everlasting to everlasting You are...."  The Blessed Trinity just Is.  "I am, that I am." Jesus astounded the first century Jews, and succeeding generations with perhaps the boldest claim ever made by a man standing on this planet, "Before Abraham was, I am."  Jesus, "I am," contrasted with Abraham, "was."  We use time/space lingo because that is all we can even hope to grasp.  Jesus, however, was speaking "from" eternity "to" eternity because Jesus is The Eternal One.

Zophar asked Job, "
Can you fathom the mysteries of God?  Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?"  He was later rebuked for his speaking wrongly of God, but he at least "got this right."  The "mysteries" and "limits of the Almighty" in no way can be fathomed.  I think even in our gloriously resurrected bodies we will not be able to "fathom" Him.  I just look "forward" to the day when I "see Him as He is," joining the saints of the ages and angels who "do not rest day or night, saying: 'Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!"

Father, in Jesus' Name, Your "
eternal power and Godhead," though hinted at in the visible world still are as Isaiah said, "unsearchable."  I ask with the psalmist that You give me only the understanding which I can handle.  Amen.
****************************
Read of an Israeli Knesset member's strong challenge to Jimmy Carter @:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com





"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal Everyday! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222677718x1201465083/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215692163%3B38015526%3Be)

Blog Archive