Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"You Want 'Everlasting'--I Have 'Everlasting'" (God)

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting."  (Psalm 136:1-- NASB)

I received a report yesterday from Open Doors telling of the suffering Church in Nigeria.  Now consider that earlier in the morning I had read our text.  "A few months ago Islamic extremists went on a rampage against Christians.  45 church (buildings) were destroyed.  129 Christians were murdered.  And hundreds of women were widowed and countless children orphaned."  How dare the psalmist affirm again and again, "
For His lovingkindness is everlasting," when so much of human history screams the opposite?  Well, I give you both encouragement and challenge today.  The reports keep coming in that Nigerian Believers, in the face of unimaginable suffering, just keep affirming, "For His lovingkindness is everlasting."

In the midst of suffering and unanswerable questions, the only way to  triumph in life is, "
as seeing Him who is invisible," Jesus Christ.  We "press on" when we live by The Word of God and not some fanciful idea of how religion works.  The man who composed the hymn, "Jesus Is All The World To Me," asked, "Oh, how could I this Friend deny, when He's so true to me?"  He had touched, "for His lovingkindness is everlasting."  His was not conceptual religion.  His was a very deep, personal religion.  His was the triumph of relationship over academics. 

The last words of Job should be a standard for us all.  "You asked, 'Who is this muddying the water, ignorantly confusing the issue, second-guessing my purposes?'  I admit it.  I was the one. 
I babbled on about things far beyond me, made small talk about wonders way over my head....I admit I once lived by rumors of you; now I have it all firsthand-- from my own eyes and ears!" (The Message)-  If this is our conclusion, then "through many dangers, toils, and snares," we will contiune to affirm----------------- "for His lovingkindness is everlasting."

Father, in Jesus' Name, all I can say to the psalmist's declaration is, "Amen."  Amen.
******************************************
There is great stuff about Israel's Memorial Day and Independence Day celebrations at:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com



"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631276x1201390200/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B214101948%3B35952020%3Bv)

Blog Archive