Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Command of Jesus: "Rejoice!"

"And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, 'Rejoice!'" (Matthew 28:9)
 
The Crucified One was standing before them alive.  Earlier, the site of an empty tomb had filled the women with fear and joy--- The power of God will often give you these mixed emotions.  But now, from the Savior Himself came the assuring command, "Rejoice!" 
 
"Rejoice!"  Satan and the powers of darkness tried to destroy the Word of God at the Cross.  But Father had a different purpose for you and me.  At the Cross, Satan and the powers of darkness themselves were destroyed.  "Rejoice!"  Jesus, the One whom Isaiah described as "rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.  And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him," this same Jesus took rejection, sorrows, grief, despising, sicknesses, pains, for all humanity "in His Own Body on the cross."  Now these sins "shall not have dominion over you, for you are...under grace." 
 
"Rejoice!"  The One Who was revealed as the Word of God, Jesus, took everything that is out to destroy you and me "in His Own Body on the cross."   Listen, I can hear Him saying to us, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you."  Can you not hear Jesus say, "And because My body was broken for you, you don't have to be broken?"
 
"And again, I say, Rejoice!"  In the Book of Revelation, when John saw Jesus, he had the same reaction as the women at the empty tomb.  "When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as if dead.  But He laid His right hand on me and said, Do not be afraid!  I am the First and the Last, and the ever-living one [I am living in the eternity of eternities].  I died, but see, I am alive forevermore; and I possess the keys of death and...the realm of the dead."  What more can we do?------ "REJOICE!"
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, I do "Rejoice!"-- and only You are responsible for this.  Amen.
***************************************
*    I will be preaching in the CCE meetings over the Mother's Day Weekend.
*    You don't want to miss great prophetic news and commentary, do you?  Go to:        www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com
 
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2


An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!

Blog Archive