Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, April 27, 2009

"How Do I Do This?"

"....Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus...." (Hebrews 12:1b, 2)

Someone asked me about the quote which I have at the bottom of my
e-mails which is our text today, "
Looking unto Jesus," or, as the NIV says, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus."  They asked, "How do you do this?"  My response may seem too easy and even naive to some, but I am more and more convinced that it is the only way to fulfill the command.  It is not staring off into space, nor trying to imagine an image of Jesus, nor asking, "What would Jesus do?"  It is "looking unto Jesus" in the "God-Breathed" Word, which He Himself is-- "And His Name is called The Word of God."

Worship, prayer, serving, etc., are means of grace which help keep us in "the way of Christ," but they are subjective.  We simply must have the written expression of "
The Word of God," the Bible, That to Which Jesus referred when He said, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away."  You know I am not minimizing worship, prayer, or service, but I can "control" them.  The Word of God I cannot.
  
This week will be victorious if it is based on fact, not on "feel-good" religion.  The only "fact" of life upon which you and I can depend is the "Fact" of His Words.  I'm paraphrasing the Words of Jesus now---- "Build that house.  Dig deep and lay a foundation on the Rock, The Word of God.  And I promise you that when a flood occurs, the torrent bursts against the house, they will not 'shake it,
because it had been well built.'"

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to build my life not on feelings or emotion, but on You in Your Word, Jesus Christ.  Amen. 
**********************
News, Commentary:          www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220572846x1201387511/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Aprilfooter427NO62)

Blog Archive