Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 19, 2009

"You Shall His Name Jesus, For He Shall Save...."

"....And you shall call His name JESUS, for He shall save His people from their sins."  (Matthew 1:21)

We all have our ways of trying to be "savior," but as hard as we may try, you and I just cannot do this.  Salvation needed a "
lamb...without
blemish
."  Humanity has never encountered such a "lamb" apart from Jesus Christ.   

This "season" is always a deepening reminder of just what Jesus Christ came to fulfill, the Law and the Prophets, the promise that The Coming One would save people "
from their sins."  The only part of the Covenant of Salvation which you and I must fulfill is obedience, "But as many as received (lay hold of) Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name," Jesus. 

Jesus came to save you and me.  You and I cannot do that, though we all have our ways of saving attempts.  Jesus has "
laid hold" of You and me.  All that remains is, "I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Jesus has also laid hold of me"- to save me from my sins, that I might walk in those "good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

Father, in Jesus' Name, do it, I pray.  Amen.
***********************
By the way, I see that my blog is making its way onto other links and expanding our reach to people.  Some use them to criticize, some to promote further the Gospel, Jesus Christ.  "
Whether in pretense or in truth" the Word, Jesus, is reaching more than we realize.  With your help and prayers, we will continue.  Who knows how far we can reach into the lives of people who are without Jesus Christ.  We keep going, because "We've a Story to Tell to The Nations."  Please pray with us that the Scripture will be fulfilled in us, "Their sound has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world."
************************
News and Commentary:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make meals for Under $10. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000002)

Blog Archive