Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fact: You Are In Prison

"Remember those who are in prison as if you were their fellow prisoner...."  (Hebrews 13:3--Amplified Bible)
 
The root Greek word for, "remember," means more than just, "call to mind."  It means, "to reward."  It means to do something, to live "as if you were in prison," right there with them------------------- because you are.  "Remember," is an action word, not a sentimental word.  The KJV translates the latter part of our text, "as bound with them," literally, "in union with them."  It reminds us that you and I, because we are fellow members with them in the "Church of God," are in that prison, right there, right now. 
 
I know and know of people in prison in America who are Believers in Jesus Christ.  I don't know of any, however, who are in prison because of Jesus Christ.  They are in prison because of a pre-Christ life, and, of course, we should "remember" them.  But many, in this very moment, are suffering in prisons and prison camps around the world as John on Patmos, "for the Word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ," and, I have been strengthened over the years by their testimonies which reflect that of the Apostle Paul's- "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus...." 
 
We have been serving such Believers and attempting to walk in our text for over 40 years.  It is the call of the Church; therefore, it is my call; it is your call.  When you hear of another's suffering, that tug at your heart is the Holy Spirit saying that you are involved in that suffering, and when we respond, we "share the sufferings of Christ."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, work in me that I may reflect remembering and "rewarding."  Amen.
*************************************
News Emphasis You Won't Receive Anywhere Else:
  
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive