Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 21, 2008

Thinking Standing and Standing Are Different

"Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall."
(1 Corinthians 10:12)

I thank those of you who responded to my e-mail/tirade from Berlin on the election in America, but I want to assure you that I was not soliciting a "pity party."  That e-mail was sent in absolute disgust with the American Church, of which I am always quick to point out, I am a part.  I just pray that the American Church will wake up and realize that with all the bravado of the last 15 years, we are substantively impotent.

Our text is a warning to men and nations.  I have no illusion about my ability to stand.  Without a moment by moment utter, desperate dependency in Jesus Christ and a living obedience to the "
God-Breathed" Word, falling is inevitable.  On the other hand, if I am radically committed to Jesus and His Law-Word, standing and triumphing is inevitable. 

On this recent mission in Europe, I was embarrassed with questions concerning the America of my fathers.  That America is gone, and who knows if that nation will ever return.  But though the America of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the forty ordained pastors in the Constitutional Convention passes or returns, I stand on, "
The grass withers, the flower fades, (as do nations) but the word of our God stands forever."  The Faithful Church of Jesus Christ has built her life on this Isaiah passage and "nothing less than Jesus' Blood and Righteousness"---- Jesus Christ Himself through the centuries.  We will continue to.  "Kings and kingdoms may all pass away (fall), but there's something about That Name"----------------- Jesus.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I do not surrender to anything or to anyone---- but You.  "Take my life and let if be consecrated, Lord, to Thee."  Amen. 
****************************
More photos coming of the recent mission.
News, Commentary:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212962939x1200825291/aol?redir=http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp%26icid=aolcom40vanity%26ncid=emlcntaolcom00000001)

Blog Archive