Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Obama Is Being Obama

"And even as they did not choose to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind."  (Romans 1)

"The only thing worse than God not giving us our way is when God gives us our way." (Brother Charles Simpson)

So far President-Elect Obama is being true to himself.  An Israeli newspaper reported today that he is calling for Israel to withdrawal to his 1949 borders!  This means displacing 600,000 Jews, giving up the Temple Mount area, and East Jerusalem.  America, you got what you wanted.  Now you are going to have to live with it.

I have heard some reports that so-called Christians are saying, "Well, this must have been God's will."  Nonsense.  The presumption of religious people to think that since their prayers weren't answered, they must not have been praying God's will is just plain pride.  America rejected God's will, and chose its own.  My conclusion is that the American Church is not nearly as "tough" as it thought it was.  Many, including myself, were praying for a McCain victory, the lesser of "two evils." With all of his faults, his positions reflected the Kingdom, Obama's did not.  It is never Christ's will to put in place an anti-Christ system over an "pro" Christ system, unless, of course, judgment has come.  All those prayer meetings, gatherings, "The Calls," the prophetic intercession, the decrees---- Don't blame this on God.  There is something very alarmingly wrong in American Christendom.  Only the Church can discover what it is, and if you think we were repenting, praying, and fasting before, the attitude should be, "We've only begun to fight."  Quit now, and I believe it is the end of the America we have known.  I told myself that I was not going to comment on the recent American election.  I thought, "What's the use?  No one really cares."  But I cannot stop now.  Most of the people on our email list never respond to anything we send, and at times I wonder if I am just sending words literally into the air.  Nevertheless, I must remain faithful to the prophetic call of Jesus Christ--- "His Word has gone out to the ends of the earth." 

In spite of the bad news coming out of the United States, I can say on a personal note that my time here in Romania has been one of the best ever------ 7 meetings in 6 days, and the "anointing" and receiving of the Word has never been more noticeable.  The television crew taped my message at a Romanian wedding in Mircea's church meeting this morning.  Nic said that we should be able to access it using online streaming.  When I get more information, I will let you know if you are interested.  Thanks again for your prayers.  Will be back in the devotional saddle upon my return.

Make no mistake about it.  Jesus Christ is still Lord of Heaven and earth.  "Thy Kingdom is a Kingdom of all ages, and Thy dominion endures throughout all generations"------------ everywhere!  
 
Your man in Europe,

Woody 
Hebrews 12:2      

Blog Archive