Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Lead Me in Your Truth"---- Not Mine

"You called in distress and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Meribah."  (Psalm 81:7-- Amplified Bible)

"
You called-- I delivered-- I answered-- I tested."  Okay, I like the first three, but not the last.  Who does, really?  Yet the Word tells us to "be assured and understand that the trial [testing] and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience."  I guess, then, if I am to walk in "endurance and steadfastness and patience," I must be "tested."  It is the Way of Jesus.  Now you and I may have another "way," but it is the Way of Jesus Christ which prevails with humanity. 

Really, who ever considers in the praying process, or just the "life process" in general, that all four of the "ingredients" in our text are present?  We have this uncanny way of taking the Bible and making our own religion, a religion, which has us crying out to God, demanding from Him, even "declaring," all in the supposition that everything is just fine with me and mine.  Yet never once do most Believers consider that somewhere in the process I just might need a little, "
I tested you at the waters of Meribah."

Some people abuse the passage, "
His ways are past finding out," so that they can walk in ways which they think they have "found out"---- their own.  But your ways and my ways are not the issue, are they?  The issue in life's great battle and sojourn is, "Jesus, to whom shall we goYou have the words of eternal life

Father, in Jesus' Name, keep me from inventing a new religion.  I cry out with the psalmist, "
Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths."  Amen.


**************
Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)

Blog Archive