Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 25, 2008

"How the Masters of the Universe Ran Amok"

"This is what the Sovereign LORD says: 'I will destroy the idols and put an end to the images in Memphis.  No longer will there be a prince in Egypt, and I will spread fear throughout the land.'" (Ezekiel 30:13-- NIV)

On September 16, an article appeared in "The Scotsman," entitled, "How the Masters of the Universe Ran Amok and cost Us the Earth."
Pundits, write on.  Modern Babel has encountered Sovereignty.

Our text indicates that "
the Sovereign LORD" deals sovereignly in the affairs of men and nations------ not just our worship jamborees.  Whether people pray or not, "rally" or not, "declare" or not, the Blessed Trinity will act.  "I will destroy the idols and put an end"--and, "I will spread fear."  What is going on now in the earth is the Great "I," the I Am, manifesting Himself as, "I Do."  Of course, pray, declare, worship, government and business leaders meet to do what they can, but if we fail to act according to the purposes of the "God-Breathed" Word, then, "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will.

Most people think sovereignty means, "God has everything under control; so I know all will work out just right for me----- no matter how I live."  No.  God is Sovereign; so all things will work out "
in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord."  It is only that nation, that government, that culture, that individual who lives, "in accordance," who will navigate through the storm.

The "
idols" and "images" of government bail outs, Wall Street, a culture which produced the Twin Towers, which declared to guided tours, "You are now standing in the financial center of the universe," are now encountering Sovereignty.  "I will destroy the idols and images....I will put fear in the land...."  Later in the passage, Jesus told Ezekiel, "Then the pride of her power will cease in her."  We have not done it on our own; so, now the Sovereign LORD, King Jesus, is doing it.  America, and nations of the world: Surrender to Your Sovereign Lord Jesus Christ.  Then you can live------------ and prosper.

Father, in Jesus' Name, while man is full of fear at what is coming on the earth, may I be an example of hope in You.  Amen.
*************************
News and Commentary:          www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith."




**************
Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.
(http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)

Blog Archive