Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, September 26, 2008

Forget and Press On

"But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ....But I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 3:7 & 12b)

I am heading off this morning for a radio interview with a sports broadcaster here in Johnstown.  He wants to talk about our 1958 state and national championship high school football team, celebrating the 50 year anniversary, with a special half time recognition at the Johnstown-Bishop Carroll game on October 4.  Most alive will probably ask, "Who are these old guys?!?"  I can honestly say that as much fun and good memories as I have, I would not want to "go back."  I know in our text that Paul was talking about his past "glories" in religion.  But what does it matter what we have left behind?  Since the best is yet to come, why would anyone want to remember with longing anything in the past?

I encourage you this morning to not let good or bad past memories keep you from pressing on.  It is just not worth it.  "
Press on so that [you] may lay hold of that for which also [you] were laid hold of by Christ Jesus."  Let this day be marked by, "Forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,.. press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that our text will be the "mark" I leave in history.  Amen.





"
Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.
(http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)

Blog Archive