Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where is His Laws Concerning You Today?

"For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second."  (Hebrews 8:7)

The Holy Spirit then proceeds from our text to tell us of the "fault" in the First Covenant.   It was the
location of the laws.  The, "better," of the Second Covenant is that the laws of the Living Triune God are, "into their minds" and "on their hearts."  If Christ's laws are just on my lips and a page, "it profits me nothing."  Laws on lips and a page do not affect my life, my relationship with the Blessed Trinity and humanity.  Laws "into...minds" and "on...hearts" make the "new creation" in Christ Jesus. 

When Jesus poured out His Precious Blood from Gethsemane to Calvary, the New Covenant was sealed in His Blood.  And, my friend, "there is
power," yea, Eternal "power in the Blood" of Jesus, the Power to take laws on stone or the printed page and bring you and me into the "faultless" covenant--- "I will put my laws into their minds, and I will write them on their hearts."   

You may have read and heard many things about this "transfer of power" in the Covenants.  Today, choose to pursue the living reality of it.

Father, in Jesus' Name, since your laws are now in my mind and on my heart, I expect to live like it.  Amen.



**************
Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

Blog Archive