Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Obedience, The Mark of, "He Saved Us"

"But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us...."  (Titus 3:4, 5a)

The context reveals that "
when the kindness of God our Savior...appeared," our "saved" status was marked by a change.  This is the Gospel of Jesus.  He appears; we change.  If I do not change, can I question whether He "appeared?"  This third chapter of Titus reveals the contrast between before Jesus "appeared," and "when...our Savior...appeared."  Verse one gives the command to the "saved" to be "obedient."  Verse three reminds the "saved" that before Jesus "appeared," our life was marked by "disobedience."

I never forget what the Lord Jesus spoke to my heart years ago.  "You have a remarkable way of obeying what you
want to obey and not obeying what you don't want to obey."  This is a life of deception.  Check your "obedience" factor today.  It will be a "litmus test" for where you are in "the faith"------------------------------ in Jesus Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, may I always allow Your Word to be my guide, my life indicator.  Amen.



**************
Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

Blog Archive