Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Go Ahead--Pray It

"Show me a sign for good, that those who hate me may see it and be ashamed, because You, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me."  (Psalm 86:17)

Our text is a simple prayer of this man with "
God's heart."  Some mock at sign seekers.  That can be valid if the signs are just an attempt to replace faith.  But David could be praying here, "These people who hate me need to know that they are hating your man.  Show them something of Your favor in my life so that they will be ashamed for hating Your servant.  Let them see that You are The God of Help, 'the Father of mercies and God of all comfort.'"  (I highly recommend praying the Word.)

The Bible says that the Covenant People of Jesus Christ "
will never be ashamed."  You may look at your life today and feel that your accusers are justified.  The Accuser never sleeps!  But try "looking unto Jesus."  Jesus destroyed hate in His Blood at The Cross.  It "shall not have dominion over you!"  When the world shows hate, Jesus will "show...a sign for good."  A Good God can "show" nothing else.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray with the Psalmist, "
Let them know that this is Your hand; You, LORD, have done it.  Let them curse, but You bless; When they arise, they shall be ashamed, but Your servant shall be glad."  Amen.


**************
It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.
(http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047)

Blog Archive