Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, June 13, 2008

"Living and Active"---- So You Too Can Be!

"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.  I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name."  (Isaiah 45:2, 3-- NIV)
 
I sent this Word earlier today to a pastor/missionary friend of ours who is headed out on a mission.  The more I have looked at it the more "powerful" it has become to me.  This word was first given to Cyrus, but it was not just to Cyrus.  The Word of God is "living and active," whether speaking 2500 years ago, or right now.  This "Isaiah Word" is not just an historic word, not just a said-and-done word.  This is a "Now Word," because He Who is the Word of God is the "Now" God. 
 
"He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God."  The "Isaiah Word" today is The Ever-Present Word of God, "dressed in blood," as Hebrews 4:12 describes Him, the "alive and full of power,... active, operative, energizing, and effective]..." Word of our Father, Jesus, the Christ.  And Our Living Word will operate, energize, and be effective in you today!--------------------------------- if you allow Him.  
 
Have a nice day.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, You just keep "active, operative, energizing, and effective" in my life.  Thank You.  Amen.  
 
 




Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.

Blog Archive