Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, April 21, 2008

"Power Is Perfected in Weakness"

"....I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people."  (2 Corinthians 12:9-- The Living Bible)
 
I guess, then, it's a matter of whose power I want, Jesus Christ's or mine.  Most of life is an attempt to manifest power over our situations.  This is true even for the "shy" person.  We all want to control our environment.  That's why fightings occur, resentment and bitterness build up over the years, and disunity manifests.  "Control freaks" are really "freaks of nature."  In the grand scheme of things they really control nothing!  
 
The literally rendering of our text is, "Power is perfected in weakness (feebleness, frailty)."  Of course.  Until I see just how weak I am, I will never see the power of Jesus Christ.  I will keep trying to "power" my way through life.  We need to stop this "power struggle" with God, and realize what the psalmist said long ago, "God has spoken once, Twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God." 
 
When Moses and the Israelites stood at the Red Sea-- mountains on either side, the sea before them and Pharaoh's armies behind them-- they were in a position to, "Stand still and see the salvation (deliverance, power) of God."  This is all of life-- hemmed in, no way out, and no power to change it.  If you accept this, congratulations---- You have just entered the realm of the Manifest, Perfected Power of Jesus Christ.  Take your hands off the controls and live the old hymn,
        "Jesus, Savior, pilot me, over life's tempestuous seas;
        unknown waves before me roll,
        hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
        Chart and compass come from thee;
        Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
    
        "When at last I near the shore,
        and the fearful breakers roar
        'twixt me and the peaceful rest,
        then, while leaning on thy breast,
        may I hear thee say to me,
        'Fear not, I will pilot thee.'"
 
In Jesus Name, Amen. 




Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Blog Archive