Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Convince Them"

"Convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and encouraging them being, unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching."  (Amplified) 
 
Our text explains the nature of my devotionals.  Some might call them, in the words of an old film, "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."  But they are simply extensions of what I see in my daily reading of the "God-Breathed" Word.  I don't pick and choose favorite texts or topics.  I do what the Apostle said, "For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received...."--------that day.  The similar idea is expressed in the literal rendering of Revelation 12:11, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the Word to which they bore witness...." 
 
My witness and your witness, my testimony and your testimony should be to the Word, the "whole counsel of God."  That does not mean that we just quote one Scripture after another to people.  But it does mean that when we share our testimony, it should give people a greater knowledge of and love for the Word of God, Jesus Christ, and His Words, the Scriptures. Let your life be an living testimony to out text, "Convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to be a living example of our text today.  Amen.




Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Blog Archive