Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

SOME THOUGHTS ON THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN/GOD

"Another parable He spoke to them: 'The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened.'"  (Matthew 13:33)

The concept of Kingdom is broader than the concept of the Church.  The Church is the, "household of faith," the Followers of Jesus Christ.  The Kingdom knows no bounds, no limitations, no exclusivism.  It is found in Jesus' Words, "You are the light of the world," and, "You are the salt of the earth."  Notice, "world," and, "earth," in other words, everything, everywhere.  

Our Lord Jesus teaches us in our text that His Kingdom, "The Kingdom of Heaven," is a "take-over" Kingdom.  It started "hidden" in Jesus Christ, in the administration of the Godhead, then spread in His Followers until the whole world is, "leavened"------ governments, schools, businesses, etc.

Everywhere you and I go, e.g., everywhere we work, attend school, buy merchandise, in short, live our lives, is Kingdom land.  The old hymns says that Jesus' Kingdom is, "from shore to shore."  I say to you and me today what I said decades ago to a Kingdom (Christian) School graduating class.  "Here is the interpretation of the 'Great Commission:'  Go into all the world and take over."

Wherever you and I are now, wherever you and I will be tomorrow is, "The Kingdom of Heaven...at hand."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that you help me and my friend to have a greater understanding and walk in what is, "The Kingdom of Heaven."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive