Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

EVEN BEFORE WE COULD "BELIEVE" JESUS CARED

"By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother's womb.  My praise shall be continually of You."  (Psalm 71:6)

Someone once asked me if I was a Calvinist or Arminian.  I said that I am an Arminian/Calvinist.  Neither had the "whole truth."

Hence, our text.  Could it be that you and I are here not because our fathers and mothers wanted us here, but because God wanted us here.  Regardless, it is for sure that our Lord Jesus, "....took me out of my mother's womb."  And, Jesus has been sustaining me, "....from birth."

Whether the Godhead determined our birth or picked us up coming out of our mothers' wombs, it is God who has been caring for us, yes, even before we surrendered our hearts to Jesus.  He just cannot help being God.  

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You knew and cared for me before I knew and cared about You.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive