Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, April 4, 2024

OVER 365,000,000 FOLLOWERS OF JESUS AT RISK

"They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service."  (John 16:2)

When I was a young man, especially in my teen years, my "sheltered life" made it difficult for me to relate to many of the Psalms, and all passages which spoke of suffering.

Then at age 25 I read God's Smuggler and life began to change.  Over the years I personally met Followers of Jesus who had been in prison, beaten, watched by neighbor-informers, and had close relatives who had been killed for following Jesus.  Yes, and there are still 365,000,000+ people who are going through all of the above.

Two things:  First, I am thankful to live here in the United States of America where it is extremely rare that anyone is killed for being a Follower of Jesus.  Secondly, however, there is a call for you and me to do all we can to serve those who daily face the reality of our text.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for the millions of the Brethren who face death daily for Your Name.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive