Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, March 31, 2024

AN "EXPECTATION" CHECK

"He is not here; for He is risen, as He said.  Come, see the place where the Lord lay."  (Matthew 28:6)

"He is not here."  He could have added, "....even though you expected Him to be here."  

It was a shock, because they expected Jesus to be in the tomb; He was not.  Instead, they heard and saw, "He is not here....He is risen, [just] as He said."

Life Lesson:  I need to expect Jesus "to be" where I don't expect Him to be.

"Hallelujah, my Father, for giving us Your Son; Sending Him into the world to be given up for men, knowing we would bruise Him and smite Him from the earth. Hallelujah, my Father in His death is my birth; Hallelujah, my Father, in His life is my life."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive