Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

TRUE AND FALSE

"Then I looked on all the works that my hands had done and on the labor in which I had toiled; and indeed all was vanity and grasping for the wind."  (Ecclesiastes 2:11)

True:   Jesus Christ saves us from sin.  
False:  Jesus saves us from the consequences of sin.   

I am open to correction and rebuke on this, but as I have read the Scriptures over the years I see no escape from the consequences of our sin.  "Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, before...."  Or, Remember Jesus Christ before you mess up more of your life.  Yes, this passage may be speaking of the end of life, but I believe it also applies to life's journey. 

The Bible says to us that sinners are, "sinners against their own souls."  We know that our sin breaks the Heart of God.  But do we realize that sin breaks us?  "Be sure your sin will find you out."

I am thankful for the Blood of Jesus Christ and the power in His Blood to forgive and deliver me from sin.  And along with that, I pray for His grace and mercy to deal with the consequences of sin.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am so thankful that, "Your mercies are new every morning."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive