Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, December 14, 2023

"....LIKE ONE WHO LIFTS A LITTLE CHILD TO THE CHEEK...."

"I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love.  To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them." (Hosea 11:4, NIV)

Well, it just does not come any more loving and compassionate than this.

This is the Living Triune God of the Universe, keeping our Planet in orbit at a speed of 67, 000 mph around our Sun, and here He is, "....like one who lifts a little child to the cheek and I bent down to feed them."  Today's text is a perfect simile of what the Godhead did in that field outside Bethlehem so long ago.  He "fed" us Jesus.

The song says, "chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose, Yule Tide carols....help to make the season bright."  I offer our text.  As I read it this morning, it made the Season most Bright.

Father, what glorious expression of Your love for me.  In Jesus' Name, thank You.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive