Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, December 2, 2023

'....NOT AS THE WORLD GIVES...."

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  (John 14:27)

Do you know why our Lord Jesus could say to us, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you"?  He could/can say that because Jesus "left" Himself with us and in us.  He did not say, "Here is peace, now good bye."  

Jesus does not hand out "peace."  Ephesians 2 says that Jesus, "....is our Peace."  Jesus says to you and me, "....I am with you always, even to the end of the age....I will not leave you comfortless....I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Perhaps key to this glorious reality is, "....not as the world gives do I give to you."  

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You that You do not give, "....as the world gives...."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive