Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

BLIND-SIDED

"My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."  (Psalm 73:26)

I got "blind-sided" today.  It happens from time to time, but you are never prepared for it.

Not a day has gone by in the last 53+ years that Stephen Paul has not been in my mind and in my heart.  From time to time, however, something happens which brings the tragic loss to a deeper pain, the memories, the precious life and little buddy gone from me.  Any number of things can trigger it.

This is not easy to write, but I can tell you of certainty that Jesus Christ is, and has always been, "....the strength of my heart and my portion forever."  Jesus is the reason, and the One in Whom I am still pressing on, overcoming, and on my way to glory.

Father, in Jesus' Name, again, "[You are] the strength of my heart and my portion forever."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive