Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, July 9, 2023

WORSHIP BY LISTENING

"In the first year of Darius...I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the years specified by the Word of the Lord through Jeremiah...."  (From Daniel 9:1, 2)

I read the Bible at times, and I listen to the Bible at times.  I noticed particularly today just what a "worship experience" it is for me while I listen to the reading of the, "God-Breathed," Words.

The Bible is the Word of God, Jesus Christ, speaking the Words of the Living Triune God to humanity.  Since when is worship a "one way street?"  Worship is just as much "listening" as it is expressing.  
            
Listening to the Bible with the attitude expressed by our Lord Jesus Christ, "....see with their eyes, and hear with their ears,is as much worship as our expressing of words and songs of praise.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I worship You by listening.  Amen.
********************************
CROW MISSION: AUGUST 2-13
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive