Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

"....I AM...CONTENT"

"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."  (Philippians 4:11)

"....in whatever state I am...."  This is a challenge for all.

Some "states" we have been in were not conducive to, "....I am...content."  What does one then do?  Well, contentment is a result of, "....I have learned...."  Time.

Paul once wrote, "At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me.  May it not be charged against them."  This was no, "Woe is me," response, no bitterness with having been "done wrong."  He was there in Jesus Christ.  Jesus was his sufficiency, his, "....I am...content.

Father, in Jesus' Name, by Your mercy may, "....I have learned...."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive