Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

"ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD-BREATHED AND...USEFUL"

"All Scripture is God-Breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."  (2 Timothy 3:16, 17)

Every Word in Sacred Writ, is the very Breath of the Living Triune God.   When I read the Bible, the very Breath of the Blessed Trinity is moving in my entire being.  This is the same Breath Jesus breathed into His Followers after His resurrection.

Decades ago, a person who was having severe spiritual and emotional problems came to me in total despair.  At one point, I asked him if he reads the Bible.  He said, "Very little."  I told him that there was nothing I could do for him if he did not submit himself to the, "Words of God."  Too many "counselors" would not agree with me.  But I can say with certainty that if the, "the Words of God," do not enter into my mind/heart, the words of man will do me no good. 

"The entrance of Your Words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple."  (Psalm 119:130)

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for writing this in my heart.  Amen.  

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive