Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

"....THINGS I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT...."

"You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?'  It is I-- and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me....Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."  (Job 42:3 (NLT) & 6 (NKJV)

This is the attitude of those Who our King Jesus Christ calls, "the pure in heart."  This, even though God said that Job had, "....spoken of Me what is right."  

Job in his repentance seems to include whatever "right" which he spoke.  Even our "right" is as nothing in the Presence of the Living Triune God.  Compared to the majesty of the Reigning King of the Universe, "I was talking about things I knew nothing about....." 

This is the attitude I wish to have throughout the rest of my sojourn here on Planet Earth.  You know, it really is not so difficult to walk in such repentance when one considers Jesus Christ, Who He Is, What He does, His going, "to prepare a place for [us]," His upholding the universe, "by the Word of His Power."

Father, in Jesus' Name, when I think of my life lived in times of self-will, I say with Job, "Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."  Amen.
*****************************
Psalm Nugget, OT Lesson and NT Lesson on Face Book

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive