Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

"TO THE UNKNOWN GOD"

"....For as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:
 'TO THE UNKNOWN GOD'
Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you." (Acts 17:23)

A few shepherds were the first to discover Jesus as a babe in a barn.  Jesus then grew up in a carpenter's home.  Later, as a young man, He declared Himself to be the One about Whom Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms wrote.  At one point, this "Thirty-Someone" declared, "I and My Father are One....He who has seen me has seen the Father."  The intent of all of this was/is, to make, "....THE UNKNOWN GOD," THE KNOWN GOD.  

"TO THE UNKNOWN GOD," is the scary, lonely life style of most on the Planet.  For you and me, however, "The Eternal One," is now "and ever shall be, world without end," Jesus ChristTHE KNOWN GOD, with us and in us.

Father, in Jesus' Name, please help me to make, "the unknown" You, the KNOWN You.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive