Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, December 16, 2022

WHEN, "A VEIL COVERS THEIR HEARTS"

"Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.  But whenever anyone turns to the Lord the veil is taken away."  (2 Corinthians 3:15, 16--NIV)

There are some who say, "I just can't understand much of the Bible; it's so difficult for me to read.  But, Wow!  Does he/she ever know the word.  They are always in the word."  None of this removes the, "veil."  

Our text tells us that the real "student of the Word," is the person who, "....turns to the Lord [Jesus Christ]."  And whenever one, "turns to the Lord [Jesus] the veil is taken away."  Now some may say, "How do you, "turn[] to the Lord?"  I don't know.  Paul doesn't seem to give such detail.  That the Holy Spirit shows us, however, I have no doubt.  Read, "the Words of  God...looking unto Jesus," and whatever understanding is possible in this present age will be ours.

Intellect, Hebrew, Greek, I Q are not the key to unveiling Scripture.  "Turn to the Lord," is.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I today afresh, turn to You.  Amen.   

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive