Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, November 7, 2022

"Rejoice, Rejoice O Christian...."

"My times are in Your hands....You are my hiding place."  (Psalm 31)

What I read here is that my very existence, every circumstance, every person, every event in my life,"....is in Your Hands."  There is a trust factor here.  Most of life in the world around us is beyond our ability to do anything about it.  This is not fatalism nor defeatism.  This is reality, and, in These, "Words of God," is our Rest.    

Then the Psalmist says later, "You are my hiding place."  Now, "Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing, Eternal Hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!"

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You that, "My times are in Your hands," and that, "You are my hiding place"!  Amen.
*******************
We currently have $4300.00 for Ukrainian Relief.  I hope to send funds before the end of November.  The Ukrainian Government is warning of the very real probability of no water, heat, and electricity this winter.  May the Church in Ukraine find solace in today's text! 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive