Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

"....AN UNGODLY NATION"

"Vindicate me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation; Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!"  (Psalm 43:1)

My first thought this morning was, "I lost Pennsylvania.  '....An ungodly nation,'" has prevailed.  Now a first reaction by some might be, "Well, that's egotistical.  You weren't the only one praying for the election.  No, but I
was praying, and I lost Pennsylvania.

Why are so many professing believers unable to say, "I lost," or, "I blew it," or, whatever?!?  Not every Bible "superstar" had all of their prayers answered.  You and I are no different.  The egotist here is the one who thinks, "Well, I prayed; therefore, it should have happened just as I prayed."  

Followers of Jesus Christ respond to such events with the last verse of the Psalm, "Why are you cast down, O my soul?  And why are you disquieted within me?  Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I commit myself to Your Words, "....that men should keep on praying and never give up."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive