Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, October 10, 2022

PSALM 46 DAY

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  (Psalm 46:2, KJV))

There you have it.  Whatever our, "very present" circumstances, our Lord Jesus Christ is our, ".... very present help."  

The Hebrew Word for, "very," is sometimes translated, "abundantly, exceedingly, greatly," even, "violently."  And, "present," is mostly translated, "find, found."  Could it be related to, "You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart"?     

I once heard a Bible teacher say that the literal translation of, "I will never leave you nor forsake you," is, "I will never, no, never, ever leave you...."  Hence, the powerful language in our text is to let you and me know just how, "....very present..," and, "....no, never leave you..," is our Living Triune God in Jesus Christ.  "Present," means right now.  "Present," means eternal.  "Present," is Jesus Christ, the Ever-Present One in me, in you, "....yesterday, today, and forever."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Your, "present," is my life.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive