Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, October 14, 2022

"MY SOUL, WAIT IN SILENCE FOR GOD ALONE"

"My soul waits in silence for God alone; from Him comes my salvation....My soul, wait in silence for God alone, for my hope is from Him."  (Psalm 62:1 & 5, NASB)

First, David declares of his soul, then he commands his soul, "My soul waits in silence for God..., My soul, wait in silence for God alone."

Does, "My soul wait in silence for God alone"?  How much silence is in any of our souls.  When I shared this with Sarah, she said that is so difficult because our minds are always "going."  They are.

Jesus tells us that in Him, "....you shall find rest for your souls...."  What a glorious promise to a restless, noisy world.  Command with me our souls today, "My soul," do this: "wait in silence-------- for God alone...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, teach me this.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive