Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, October 1, 2022

A SHIELD AROUND ME"

"But You, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory and the One Who lifts up my head."  (Psalm 3:3)

Today's text in song:
                
I received a report from Open Doors that Muslims, "killed university student Deborah Yakuza for something she posted online thanking God for good grades."  Open Doors reports that, "On average, a Christian is killed for his or her faith every two hours in Nigeria."  Now I have never minimized the suffering of any Follower of Jesus Christ.  No matter where any of us live we should never have the attitude, "Well, I have it worse than he/she/they."  I report such as above so that we may all remember what Jesus has told us, "In the world you will have tribulation...."

Our text reminds us that in the midst of any attack, suffering, persecution, attempt of the Enemy to destroy us, Jesus Christ is our, "shield around me, my glory and the lifter of my head."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for Deborah's family and all today who experience, "Many are they who say of me, 'There is no help for him in God."  Amen.

Blog Archive