Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

THE PASSING OF BROTHER ANDREW

"Then the angel showed me the river of water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the Throne of God and of the Lamb....Look, I am coming soon!  My reward is with Me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done."  (Revelation 22)

Yesterday, September 27, my dear friend of over 54 years, Brother Andrew passed into Glory.  It is a very sad day, and a great loss for me.  He was 94.

The first time I met him in person was in the Winter of 1973.  Sarah and I visited with him in his home in The Netherlands in 1996, and I had the opportunity once again to spend some time with him in Michigan in 2007.  Other than my parents, no one has influenced my service in, "the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ," more than Brother Andrew.

"For all the saints who from their labors rest,
Who Thee by faith before the world confessed,
Thy Name, Jesus, be forever blest,
Alleluia!  Alleluia!

Oh, may Thy soldiers, faithful, true, and bold,
Fight as the saints who nobly fought of old,
And win, with them, the victor's crown of gold,
Alleluia!  Alleluia!

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive