Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

"Such As These"

"But Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.'" (Matthew 19:14)

When I was 19, I taught third grade boys in our Church's summer Bible School program; it was delightful.  What I experienced with those nine-year-old boys that summer taught me something of our text.  There was a wide-eyedness in those children, sort of a, "I didn't know that," in their demeanor.  Any cynics, be very careful here!

Our Lord Jesus Christ is repeating to you and me the same Word, "....The Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these."  May wide-eyedness and, "I didn't know that," increase in us all.  

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray to be, "....such as these."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive