Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, January 21, 2022

Jesus Is Our Servant

"And whoever desires to a be first among you, let him be your slave--- just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."  Matthew 20:27, 28)

Most people do not put these words in the same sentence when speaking of our Lord Jesus Christ, King, Lord, Savior, Redeemer, Servant.  

I have been so impacted by our text.  Jesus is my Servant.  Jesus came, "....to serve," me!  Just consider our text: Jesus compares Himself to a slave, viz., "....let him be your slave---- just as the Son of Man...[came]...to serve...."----- just like a slave.  I can only imagine what might be going through your head right now.

Father, in Jesus Name, we worship You; we praise You, but that cannot compare to Your declaration that You came, "to serve," us.  I cannot comprehend this.  Amen.  

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive