Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, October 1, 2021

"The Lifter Of My Head"

"But Thou, O Lord, are a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter of men head."  (Psalm 3:3, KJV)

I listened to a background track of this today.  I use background tracks for playing my horn.  It is great worship.  Today's text is written in my heart and mind.  "....Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth", is indeed, "The Faithful Witness," to our text.  When my "head" was down in defeat, it was Jesus Who lifted my head, and keeps me "lifted."  

My 60th high school class reunion is October 8.  The organizer has asked me to have the blessing before the meal.  More importantly, I was asked to say a few words "to remember our deceased classmates."  This is an opportunity for testimony, to honor Jesus Christ.  I will be brief, but pray for, as Revelation 12:11 states, "....the Word to which [I bear] witness."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray I manifest, "the light of the world," and, "the salt of the earth."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive