Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, June 18, 2021

Jesus' Work Jesus' Way

"....I urged you...[to] instruct men not to teach strange doctrines,...which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God...."  (1 Timothy 1, NASB)

The Word for, "administration," in the Interlinear Greek is, "management of a household, stewardship."  One translation says, "plan."   

The Bible teaches that the Church, "the Household of Faith," is the People of Jesus Christ, "Living Stones," not the brick and mortar on First Street.  "But Christ was faithful as a Son over His house--- whose house we are...."  

And what is our "calling?"  We are to be about, "furthering the administration/plan of God," in Jesus Christ for His House.  I don't fully understand this, but as I read it today, it sure tasted good.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that my life be exemplary of, "furthering the administration of [You]."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive